Our Fencing Equipment
We have enough basic kit to run a class of up to 16 beginners. The basic kit is :
- plastron (inside chest protector)
If you are a beginner, then you normally need only bring :
- sports shoes or gym trainers (with non-marking soles)
- lose-fitting jogging trousers
For Experienced Fencers
We have enough electric scoring boxes, ground wires & spools to set up and run 6 – 8 fencing pistes. Full member and visiting fencers (i.e. those not on the beginner’s course) are expected to provide their own kit (electric weapons, body wires, jacket, breeches, mask & lames).
A limited number of electric weapons, lames and body wires are available for members to use at the club for occasional use. If a member breaks a club electric weapon blade £15 is charged for replacement.
KFC Sports Clothing
Kingston Fencing Club is pleased to announce that a selection of club branded sports clothing including T-shirts, Track Tops, Track Pants and Zoodies is now available for purchase at the TopKit online shop.
- waist and chest sizes are 1/2 measurements
- trousers should have a bit of stretch in the waist so they grip – you may need to provide a measurement that is slightly smaller than your actual waist
- refunds are not possible because the clothing will have the club logo – so measure with care
- ask members what size they are to compare
Go to the topKit shop to buy.