Equity Policy Statement
Kingston Fencing Club is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of its development. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the following (aligned with Sports England policy) :
- Sport equity is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognizing inequalities and taking steps to address them. It is about changing the culture and structure of sport to ensure it becomes equally accessible to everyone in society.
- Kingston Fencing Club respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport, regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
- Kingston Fencing Club is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse.
- All Kingston Fencing Club members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity and any infringement of these guidelines should be reported to the Kingston Fencing Club committee.
- Kingston Fencing Club will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour very seriously and will take any action they deem necessary.